Friday, February 10, 2017

Weather Station

Okay, I am a closet weather geek.

The problem with looking at the online weather in Coffs is that the council has it placed near the beach, so when tourists look at the weather trend they see a temperature that is 5 or more degrees cooler than what it is inland. So I want to know what it is at my house and how much rain we have had at my house. Not too much to ask???

This is the station I am leaning towards for the below reasons.


https://www.acurite.com/weather-environment-system-with-pc-connect-wind-and-rain-945wes.html
  • I wanted Wireless (WiFi)
  • Rechargeable batteries in Station head
  • Good charting software
  • Ability to see what the weather is at home remotely (can just log into your home router to see data)
  • Looks sexy (like me)
  • Able to submit data to community (wunderground)
This unit is pretty much their top of the range model, it comes with the software and also has separate indoor/outdoor humidity sensors. Not overly expensive. The Davis unit is pretty much the ants pants, but to get into the basic level starts around $250.  This station goes a bit further than the others and has good online reviews.

Stay tuned, if and when I get it I will give you other closest weather buffs out there an update.

2 comments:

  1. Does it say "40C" but feels like 47...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why glad you asked Lyn! Yes, it has a scrolling 'ticker' at the bottom that displays 'feels like' as well as 12-24 hour prediction.

    ReplyDelete